Salt Lake Analyitical and Test Department (SLAT) is a testing organization, which is comprehensive study of a multi-disciplinary such as the salt lake geochemistry, salt lake resource development and application, comprehensive analysis of inorganic chemistry, chemical, isotope, salt solution chemistry etc. Various disciplines of comprehensive study testing institutions. Department of testing was established in December 1989 and has 14 testers, including 7 senior researchers, 4 intermediate researchers. It has 900 square meters area of detection, 100 square meters area of constant greenhouse, 50 square meters area of clean room with 30,000,000 ￥ fixed assets of equipment.
SLAT has many large modern analytical instruments well-known in the world, such as high-resolution Inductive Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer, Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometer, Scanning Electron Microscopy-Energy Spectrometer, Laser Particle Size Analyzer, Thermal Analyzer Systems, Plasma Emission Spectrometer, Elemental Analyzer, Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, X-Ray Diffractomer, Gas Isotope Mass spectrometer, Thermal Ionization Solid Isotope Mass Spectrometer, Automatic Luminescence Dating Spectrometer and so on.
SLAT in November 1994 had already passed the national certification measures, and gained 1994 (State) read (Z1177) measurement certificate authentication.
August 2004,the China National Accreditation Board for Conformity Assessment issued a formal laboratory accreditation / accreditation certificate.In October 2005, January 2007, in April 2008,we also passed assessment of the site monitoring of committee of experts of the China National Accreditation Board for Conformity Assessment.
After 20 years of unceasing development and innovation, Department of Chemical Analysis and detection of Salt lakes has established analytical techniques a set of suitable for salt lake resource utilization and development, which provides accurate and reliable data for a series of international and domestic advanced technology and basic theory research carried out by Qinghai institute of salt lakes and the country, ministry of Science,national development and reform commission undertaken by institute of salt lakes
The relative atomic weight of indium and iridium new data obtained by a new way of isotope indium and iridium group which is determined by VG354 thermal ionization mass spectrometry of department of testing has been adopted by the Committee for IUPAC and been used as a new international standard atomic mass of atomic weight of indium and iridium; First discover in the world of graphite thermal emission characteristics, establishing the new method that determines boron, chlorine and bromine isotopes by mass spectrometry of high-precision and thermal ionization and establishing the determination methods of high-precision of indium cerium isotope, Monograph namely <Analysis methods of bittern and salt> (second edition of science press, 1988) won the major scientific and technological achievement of Chinese academy of science and award of scientific and technologicalconference of Qinghai.
Department of Chemical Analysis and detection of Salt lakes provides strong support not only for scientific research, talent cultivation work of institute of salt lakes with but also to society. And we provided sample analysis, technical training, information advice and equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance and other technical services for scientific research units, both within and outside the province, universities, enterprises and institutions by use of advanced detection means, rigorous scientific attitude, and excellent quality.
SLAT carried out to test the scope of 13 types and 25 categories in all. They are as follows:
- Qualitative analysis and composition analysis of multi-crystalline minerals and compounds;
- Heat and thermogravimetric analysis of salt, chemical raw materials and chemical products;
- Analysis of the entire project of salts and brine;
- Analysis of ions and organic matter in water quality and drinking natural mineral water;
- The main components and impurities in rocks and alloy;
- The isotope analysis of sediment in water, mineral salts and sediment;
- Potassium chloride;
- Potassium sulfate used in agriculture;
- Boracic acid;
- Industrial disodium tetraborate decahydrate;
- Lithium carbonate, Lithium chloride;
- Edible salt;
- Industrial salt.
Quality policy of department of chemical analysis and testing for salt lakes:
Scientific method; Fair conduct; Accurate data; Integrity services.
- Constantly improve the quality management system to ensure the continued effective operation;
- Scientific and impartial maintenance of detection of the work ensues united value and accurate data;
- Adhere to the "customer-centric" principle of service, implement service approach of science fair, accurate and reliable, high quality and efficiency, user-friendly;
- Strengthen training of testers and improve the operational capacity and the quality and set a good image based on regulate act, excellent technology, quality service.
Managing Director：Ma Yunqi
18 Xinning Rd, Xining 810008, Qinghai, China
Web Site: http://www.isl.ac.cn