Introduction of ETRC
Engineering and Technology Research Center of Comprehensive Utilization of Salt Lake Resources (ETRC) is positioned to research and develop comprehensive utilization technologies and technology integration and high-value series product production technologies for lithium, magnesium, potassium, boron and other resources targeted at China ’s salt lake resources. In addition, ETRC is committed to research and development of tertiary solid potassium salt mine comprehensive utilization technology, and further carry out engineering, industrialization project research and system integration work, to provide core technical support for the establishment of modern enterprises comprehensive utilization of salt resources.
On September 28, 2001, Engineering and Technology Research Center of Comprehensive Utilization of Salt Lake Resources was established with the approval of the Science and Technology Department of Qinghai Province.
ETRC currently has 63 permanent staff, including 12 professors and researchers, and 21 associate professors and associate researchers (including senior engineers). ETRC has a pilot plant suitable for the development of potassium, magnesium, lithium, boron and refined products.
Main Research Directions of ETRC
1. Development and industrialization of comprehensive utilization technology of salt lake (intercrystalline brine, lake water, underground brine, etc.) resources.
1) Lithium resources extraction and complete development technology and technology in salt lakes;
2) Comprehensive utilization technology of salt lake magnesium resources;
3) Optimization of existing potassium salt production technology and development and utilization of difficult-to-mine potassium resources;
4) Low-cost extraction of boron resources in salt lakes and complete set development processes and technologies.
2. Research and development technology of comprehensive utilization and development of solid potassium salt ore (potash salt, carnallite, etc.) resources.
3. The refinement and industrialization of salt lake primary products, extending the industrial chain of salt lake resource products.
1) Production of fine chemical products such as lithium battery electrode materials, lithium electrolyte materials, lithium-based greases, and lithium metal using lithium salts in salt lakes as raw materials;
2) Producing high-value-added magnesium and magnesium compound products from precursors obtained from salt lake magnesium resources, anhydrous magnesium chloride and hydrated magnesium chloride, such as: high-purity magnesia, electrical grade magnesia, high-purity magnesia, magnesium hydroxide flame retardant, metallic magnesium and new rare earth magnesium alloys;
3) Boron-magnesium and boron-aluminum whisker materials are produced from raw materials obtained by boron extraction from salt lakes.