Introduction of SLGE
The Salt Lake Geology and Environment Laboratory (SLGE) is the key laboratory of Qinghai Province. Its predecessor was the Geochemistry Laboratory of the Lanzhou Institute of Geology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The laboratory was relocated to the Qinghai Salt Lake Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1965. The name of the laboratory was changed to the first laboratory. (Salt Lake Geochemistry Room). The laboratory is mainly engaged in salt lake geology and its interdisciplinary foundations and application foundations. It is also the largest salt lake geology and environment research institution in China. SLGE has accumulated more than 50 years of research on salt lake geology and environment, obtained a number of domestic or international advanced research results, and formed a multidisciplinary and innovative research group. At present, SLGE has one geology postdoctoral mobile station, one geology first-level doctoral program, two second-level doctoral programs, and one geological engineering master program. SLGE has 6 doctoral tutors, 15 master tutors, 3 selected from the "100-person Program" of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 3 academic leaders of provincial natural science disciplines in Qinghai Province. There are currently 44 permanent researchers and more than 40 postgraduate and postdoctoral staff.
Positioning of SLGE
Focus on the frontiers of science and technology of salt lake geosciences, respond to the major strategic needs of the country, and face the needs of the sustainable economic and social development of the country and the western region. Research On the key scientific issues such as the genesis and evolution of salt lakes and salt mines, the solid-liquid conversion and efficient extraction and utilization of salt brine resources, and the environmental and ecological effects of modern salt lakes. Provide scientific and technological support for the strategic security and efficient and sustainable development and utilization of salt resources in China.
Construction Goals of SLGE
Focus on salt lake geology and geoscience research based on multi-technical means and multi-disciplinary integration; Promote the core competitiveness of the salt lake elemental geochemical behavior and isotope analysis, salt lake evolution and mineralization process; Establish, develop and improve basic theories and research methods of salt lakes and solid salt deposits; Deepen the study of hydrogeology and element migration of salt lakes; Focus on environmental and ecological issues in the development and utilization of modern salt lakes.
Research Directions of SLGE:
1. Basic research on the cause and evolution of salt resources
1) Integrated research on the mineralization laws and models of important strategic resources in modern salt lakes
2) Comprehensive Study on Environmental Evolution of the Salt Lake and Salt Lake Area
3) The mineralization conditions and resource evaluation of solid potassium salt deposits in countries and regions along the “Belt and Road” East Guttis structural domain and the construction of shared databases.
2 Study on changes in modern salt lakes and their environmental and ecological effects under the influence of climate and resource development activities
1) Study on dynamic changes of salt lake and its impact mechanism.
2) Dynamic monitoring, early warning and resource and environmental carrying capacity evaluation of key salt lakes.
3) Environmental ecological effects under salt lake resource development activities and ecological restoration in salt lake areas.
3. Study on the solid-liquid conversion mechanism of salt lakes and the theory and technology of efficient brine extractions.